Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Big Money

Is money necessary to achieve self-fulfilment in life? The quest of money has become relevant since the first time a coin was minted, although people have strived to be happy using other ways.  People, while they are setting money aside every day, are missing out on the point of life. Money is meant to be spent.

At this point a single question remains open: What to do with the cash we earn? The average Canadian earns about 40 000$ per year, this amount of money is mostly dedicated to food. What if suddenly this sum was multiplicated by 250? What if after winning the lotto this average person would possess 10 million dollar? What if I am the lucky one?

As far as I am concerned, my first action would throw a huge party to celebrate the event. After this, I would reluctantly have an all bunch of new relatives ringing at my door? Dealing with this situation would be at least tricky. Let us imagine that I go through all this trouble safe and sound. I have still millions to spend. 

Nowadays, we are surrounded by environementalists and alter-mondialists that claim that the only problem to start their miraculous revolutions for the world is money. I don't think I would give them a penny. No, my money would be invested in human rights NGO's such as Amnesty or Oxfam. Beside this I  be very proud to introduce a new style of pubs: bibli-bars. The following concept is the mixture of libraries and pubs. Clients would be able to enjoy their favorite books while tasting a delicious Belgian beer. Soon enough those pubs would spread all over the planet and become considered as regular.

What do a body wants more then to share a friendship around a good book and a good beer in a warm place. As you might have understood, my money would be used to bolster relationships between people.








  

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I love your idea of bibli-bars. That's my kind of bar! Oxfam and Amnesty are such important organisations.I'm happy to hear you would support them. On the whole,this is really well written Mathieu. Everytime you catch yourself thinking in French, I want you to stop yourself and turn your brain back to English. This will get rid of those pesky translation errors.
ps "A whole bunch of s/t"